Who Are The Happy Producers?Dec 16, 2022
Hi! It's so lovely to meet you.
My name is Virginie -it's pronounced Veer-jee-nee. My partner is LP, and together we are The Happy Producers.
Welcome to our blog!
We are two happy-minded film and television animation producers that live in Quebec, Canada. We put our twenty years of experience to the service of the animation industry by transforming some of the biggest production challenges we faced throughout the years into tools and processes that optimize productivity and happiness.
If you are here, you are probably a little bit like us! We created this blog just for you to share tools and tips and help the community connect. We want you to know we see you and you belong. Our goal is to help you feel more empowered at work while reducing stress for you, your team, and your clients.
So here is a bit about us. We started as producers in the animation industry over 15 years ago. It’s been a fantastic journey, and we have had the pleasure of producing content for AAA films, series, and video games with clients such as Disney, Netflix, HBO, Ubisoft, Activision, and many more. Although we are a real-life couple, we first met at work in an animation studio. When I first met LP, I thought he was the most relaxed and least stressed producer I had ever met, which made me want to work with him instantly (and learn all his tricks!).
Between the two of us, we have delivered over 50 000 shots on time, under budget to more than a dozen happy clients with happy teams. In addition, we have tried and tested our production strategies, processes, and tools on big and small teams on feature films, short films, mini-series, TV series, and video games.
Our outstanding results throughout the years inspired us to share some of our best tips, tricks, and insights on this blog.
We are also launching a Podcast in January 2022, and we can’t wait! We will be sharing conversations with industry leaders about creating and preserving happiness in animation productions.
Our guests share real-life insights, tips, and strategies rooted in their personal experiences in the animation industry. But, of course, nothing is off-limits, and we talk about it all: the good, the bad, and the happy!
Five things about Virginie:
- I produced live-action independent films in my earlier career.
- I have been lucky to travel to festivals worldwide with my films – the Cannes Film Festival is my favorite!
- Gratitude is my number 1 Super Power, and I practice it every day.
- My favorite place in the world in Hawai’i
- I dream of helping people in my industry skill up and avoid toxicity at work.
Five things about LP:
- He started as a Storyboard artist in the industry and loved drawing.
- His happy-minded, solution-driven, and human-centric approach got him noticed, and he never actually applied to his first management position.
- He is a marathonian.
- Active listening is his superpower.
- He is a very creative chef (he makes the best pizza in town!)
The Happy Producers
Would you like your production to be less stressful and even more efficient?
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.