Bidding and project scoping are the most impactful skills you can acquire.
These highly in-demand skills can propel your career forward and help you land a coveted position, attract dream projects, and future-proof your position in the industry, even in uncertain times.
This course is for animation professionals who:
- Are ready for a promotion or a new role
- Want to develop skills that help them always be in demand
- Want a clearer, simpler way to define the scope of work
- Want to turn a bigger profit
- Know that life-long relationships with clients translate into business prosperity
- Are ready to elevate their budgeting game to avoid overages and overtime
- Wish to weave well-being into the production from the start
Bidding Winning Animation Projects Course Curriculum
Module 01 - My Bidding Mindset
Module 02 - The Business of Animation
Module 03 - Defining a Clear Scope of Work
Module 04 - Putting Together a Preliminary Bid
Module 05 - Creating a Detailed Bid
Module 06 - The Key Documents to Include in Your Agreement
Module 07 - Launching an Aligned Production
What is included?
- 7 modules and over 5 hours of pre-recorded content for you to complete at your own pace
- Private access to course recording in Kajabi for a full year
- 7 downloadable workbooks
- A complete bid template (in Excel)
- Software agnostic templates: Script breakdown, Crew mapping, Rolling budget, Production timeline, Scope of work document, Review workflow flowchart
- A certificate of completion
Case study - 10 Lives, feature film
This is a real-life example of how I applied my bidding and scoping strategy on the feature film 10 Lives, which premiered at Sundance in January 2024.
- I listened to the director's must-haves.
- I ensured the budget supported the story and characters' narrative arc.
- I helped highlight, through the bidding process, elements that were overly costly for their on-screen importance.
- I inspired everyone to make the best choices for the film based on solid data and metrics that supported the creative process.
“Louis Philippe did more than just contribute - he was the cornerstone of common sense and a wonderful creative collaborator. It was his calm appreciation for the creative direction that made this movie possible.”
Writer and Director, 10 Lives feature film